Genetic Information Management System (GIMS)
GIMS is a simple animal genetic information database framework. Based upon an SQL database with web-enabled front end for data I/O, GIMS is versatile and designed to make maximum use of your genetic information including:
- Full pedigree insertion and retrieval
- Estimated Breeding Value storage and retrieval for use in tools such as DGM or TGRM™
- Build multiple trait indexes on the fly using stored coefficients
- Marker data for exporting to segregation analysis tools
- Genotype probabilities imported and stored for retrieval
- Animal ownership by breeder designation permits industry-wide application or within-house use across multiple breeding units
- No limit on the number of breeds, traits or genes, breeders or ownership groups.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your animal genetic database requirements.